In the developing world, empowered communities are meeting their needs and improving their living standards without Government band-aid policies or foreign aid. The best practices of such communities and their social technologies contribute to implement sustainability worldwide. Sustainable Pangea is an international cooperation tool, non-governmental, designed to enhance sustainable development. It serves local communities, social entrepreneurs, public bodies and civil society organisations.
– Map the best practices that fulfil the sustainability criteria, identify their contributions to society and collect information on social technologies and popular know-how used in their application
– Give visibility to social entrepreneurs and local communities leading sustainable initiatives, facilitating cooperation amongst them
– Establish a dynamic platform for reproducing best practices and transferring social technologies
– Raise awareness of the importance of sustainability and promote it globally
– By the end of 2012, to make all the information available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
– Cover all the continents
– Strengthen international cooperation links
– Create an insightful and quality-controlled pool of social ideas, technologies and projects, acting as a bridge between social entrepreneurs and potential investors or donors
– Involve Universities, research centres, NGOs and public organisations (national and supranational) to promote best practices and sustainability in the developing world
We are a group of young people committed to social entrepreneurship and sustainable development. Working from a suitcase or from our homes, we contribute to the expansion and reinforcement of the embedded networks. Currently we have correspondents in: Asunción (Paraguay), Bogotá (Colombia), Montevideo (Uruguay), Quito (Ecuador) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
If you would like to present a sustainable initiative to us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
– – – – –
See also the Sustainable Pangea criteria on which our work is based.